Saturday, October 9, 2010
14:00 open / 14:30 start
Presented by Yamaguchi Bank, Ltd.
Marcos Fernandes - percussion, electronics
Yumiko Tanaka - shamisen, voice
Masashi Heirakuji - laptop
Richi Owaki, Yukiko Eto - movement
Yamagin Archive in Shimonoseki, designed by architect Uheiji Nagano in 1920, was originally built as the head
branch of Mitsui Bank. In 1933, it became the head branch of Hyakuju Bank, eventually changing its name to Yamaguchi
Bank in 1944. From 1973 to 1975, it served as the Shimonoseki branch of the Bank of Japan. Following renovations,
it was named a prefectural cultural asset in 2005 and has since been open to the public.
Former bank building info page
Aural Architecture - Telematic performance in Shimonoseki